If you are not happy for cookies to be used, please change your internet browser settings to deny them.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files placed on your computer (or device you use to access the internet) by the majority of websites you visit.
The text files contain information about you and the preferences you have for the website you are visiting. These cookies are stored so that a site can customise its pages for the next time you visit or return to a page previously visited.
Cookie files will only store information from when you have visited the site and the choices you have made whilst visiting. Personal information such as email addresses will not be stored unless you submit your email address to a web form and cookie files will never store any of your bank details.
Cookies on our website are used for our own internal purposes, to track how users navigate through the website. This helps us evaluate and improve our site and online services.
Cookies help us by:
- Making our website work as you need and would expect.
- Allowing sharing of pages with social network sites (e.g. facebook, twitter, google +).
- Personalise and improve our site and its services through understanding of user preferences.
- Accumulating statistics regarding audience size and usage patterns, which can help us improve our site and online services.
- Allowing you to complete the online registration process and ensuring confidentiality and security for password protected areas.
- Collect any personally identifiable information.
- Collect any sensitive information.
- Pass any personally identifiable data to third parties or any data to advertising companies.
You can block cookies by activating the browser settings that allows you to refuse all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website.
Different web browsers take different cookie management approaches, please follow the links below for your browser of choice.
We use the following cookies:
- Essential cookies - these are required for the operation of our site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to access secure areas.
- Analytical/performance cookies - these allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and how our site has been used. This information helps us improve the way our site works.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and their purposes below:
|These cookies are used to collect information about how
visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports
and help us improve our site.
The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
|These are to enable the twitter share button on our site and the Twitter timeline widget.|
Changes to our policy:
This policy was last updated in January 2013.