Marathon Yorkshire Limited is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how it will be treated. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller can be contacted at Marathon Yorkshire, PO Box 314, Rothwell, Leeds, LS26 1BY or on 0113 8267767.
Information we may collect from you:
Personal information is any information that can be used to identify you. For example, your name, date of birth, email address, postal address, telephone number, credit/debit card details, as well as information relating to any medical requirements.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on theyorkshiremarathon.com (our website). This includes information provided at the time of registering for any events, as a volunteer or for our newsletter and includes, but is not limited to, information such as; your name, date of birth, postal address, email address, phone numbers, medical information, emergency contact details, credit/debit card details, twitter profile, club membership details and parental consent (if applicable).
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site when paying for products/services.
Uses made of your information:
Unless specifically notified otherwise, your information is used in the ways identified below:
- For administrative purposes with regards to your event entries.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such marketing purposes.
- To let you know about changes to our services or policies.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To create a profile of your interests and preferences and (if you agree) send you communications about our work, for example, information about events, volunteering opportunities and fundraising activities.
- To allow you to participate in any interactive features of our services, if/when you choose to do so.
Your information will not be sold to any third parties but we may share some of your information with our trusted service providers who are authorised to work on our behalf. We will always seek your consent for the use of your personal information and will tell you what we want to use it for. Other than as described in this policy, we won't use your personal information for any other purpose.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be securely encrypted. Where you have chosen a password, which enables you to access certain parts of our online registration site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data in ways you are not happy with and can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data.
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request should be made in writing and may be subject to an administration fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Please ensure your information is kept up to date either by amending your online registration account or emailing email@example.com
The Data Controller
PO Box 314
Marathon Yorkshire Limited reserves the right to disclose information (including your personal information):
- Where under a legal duty to do so.
- If required to protect Marathon Yorkshire's rights, property or safety of its customers.
- For the purposes of fraud protection or credit risk reduction.
Our online event registration is provided by a third party website and our site may link to other external websites. Marathon Yorkshire Limited cannot be held responsible for the privacy of information collected by websites not managed by us.
Changes to our policy:
This policy was last updated in January 2013.